The few elevated minds...who only disbelieve because they do not know,
we would remind of that apothegm of Narada, the ancient Hindu philosopher:

"Never utter these words: 'I do not know this—therefore it is false.'

"One must study to know, know to understand, understand to judge."


—Isis Unveiled, I, 628

Thursday, August 9, 2012

So many things to get done

So many things to get done and so little time to bring all the pieces together for another seasons end. Seeds and potato starts, more vines, and a hope for this last years plantings to survive through the winter. A new hoop house, and a larger cold frame await the plants which will be sprouting soon for the colder season. The bulbs are planted and the weather is switching from summer to fall from day to day. The house and the barn need the annual painting and oiling to preserve them through another swing around the seasons and there is upkeep and tidying out in the meadow, and the animal yard still needs to be done. The vehicles all need attention and there is always other handiwork which seems to pile up regardless the amount of attention payed to accomplishing it.
An old friend who visited recently commented on how he was amazed by what I have accomplished and how much he wished he could get more done. It felt good to have praise for the things that are done but what of those I have yet to do? The yet undone seems to become larger and the bits I am able to accomplish seem to shrink......
 I have always kept in mind that in order to make any journey or accomplish anything I must keep focus, taking each bit in turn, and no matter what move forward as best I am able. The focus part has been the most difficult for my entire life. I am reminding myself constantly as my mind flashes between a myriad of projects to do, and partly done, to focus on the most attainable, to organize the resources for those which are partly accomplished and to plan for those which continually are presented by the wear and tear of life.


1 comment:

  1. Ah, then it wasn't my imagination that I could smell fall in the air this week? The apples on my semi-dwarf winesap have loaded the branches and are beginning to turn.

    ReplyDelete